National Testing Agency (NTA) released the revised JEE Main 2024 Syllabus. There has been a considerable reduction in the JEE Main Syllabus 2024 from all three sections-Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The topics that are no longer included in Classes 11 and 12 syllabi have been removed from the JEE Main 2024 Syllabus.
A few topics have also been added to the Physics and Chemistry syllabus for JEE Main 2024. No new topic has been added to the JEE Main Maths Syllabus. Candidates can download the revised JEE Main Syllabus from jeemain.nta.nic.in.
Joint Entrance Examination (Main) or JEE Main is a national-level entrance exam for admission to various engineering courses in 31 NITs, 25 IIITs, 19 GFTIs, and other engineering colleges. For admission to IITs, candidates need to clear JEE Main and appear in the JEE Advanced exam. JEE Main exam is conducted by NTA, twice every year. JEE Main 2024 Session 1 will be conducted from January 24- February 1, 2024, and Session 2 will be conducted from April 1-15, 2024.
For JEE Main 2024 aspirants, it is essential to know the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly to effectively plan their preparation strategy. The subject-wise list of topics that have been removed from the JEE Main 2024 Syllabus are mentioned below:
Chapters Eliminated from JEE Main Physics Syllabus
- Communication Device Module
Chapters Eliminated from JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus
- States of Matter
- Surface Chemistry
- S-Block Elements
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
Chapters Eliminated from JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Mathematical Inductions
JEE Main Physics Syllabus 2024
Candidates can check the revised JEE Main Syllabus 2024 for Physics below:
Physics And Measurement
- New Topics- Units of measurements, System of Units
- Deleted Topics- Physics, technology, and society, accuracy and precision of measuring instruments
- Deleted Topic- zero vector
Laws Of Motion
- New Topics- Dynamics of uniform circular motion; centripetal force and its application: vehicle on a level circular road, vehicle on a banked road
Work, Energy, And Power
- New Topics- Motion in a vertical circle
- New Topics- Equilibrium of rigid bodies, rigid body rotation and equations of rotational motion comparison of linear and rotational motions
- New Topics- Motion of a satellite, Orbital velocity, time period, and energy of satellite
- Deleted Topics- Orbital velocity of a satellite, Geostationary satellites
Properties Of Solids And Liquid
- New Topics- Effect of gravity on fluid pressure, critical velocity, excess of pressure across a curved surface
- Deleted Topics- Reynolds number, Newton’s law of cooling.
- New Topics- The first law of thermodynamic isothermal and adiabatic processes
- Deleted Topics- Carnot engine and its efficiency
Kinetic Theory Of Gase
- New Topics- Kinetic interpretation of temperature
- Deleted Topics- Kinetic energy and temperature
Oscillations And Wave
- New Topics- Oscillations and periodic motion
- Deleted Topics- Free, forced and damped oscillations, resonance, Doppler Effect in sound
- New Topics- mobility, and their relation with electric current, conductivity.
- Deleted Topics- Resistances of different materials. Colour code for resistors; Electric Cell and its Potentiometer – principle and its applications
Magnetic Effects Of Current And Magnetism
- New Topics- Magnetic field due to a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) along its axis and perpendicular to its axis. Torque on a magnetic dipole in a uniform, the effect of temperature on magnetic properties
- Deleted Topics- Cyclotron, magnetic elements, Magnetic susceptibility and permeability. Hysteresis. Electromagnets and permanent magnets
- New Topics- Displacement current.
Electromagnetic Induction And Alternating Current
- Deleted Topics- Quality factor
- New Topics- Reflection of light, spherical mirrors, mirror formula, thin lens formula, and lens maker formula. Refraction of light through a prism
- Deleted Topics- Deviation and Dispersion of light by prism; Lens Formula. Resolving power of microscopes and astronomical telescopes
Dual Nature Of Matter And Radiation
- Deleted Topics- Davisson-Germer experiment
Atoms And Nuclei
- Deleted Topics- isotopes, isobars: isotones. Radioactivity- alpha. beta and gamma particles/rays and their properties; radioactive decay law
- Deleted Topics- Junction transistor, transistor action, characteristics of a transistor: transistor as an amplifier (common emitter configuration) and oscillator.Transistor as a switch
- Deleted Topics- Plotting a cooling curve for the relationship between the temperature of a hot body and time; Comparison of emf of two primary cells. Ii. Determination of internal resistance of a cell Transistor; Characteristic curves of a transistor and finding current gain and voltage gain; Using a multimeter to: (i) Identify the base of a transistor (ii) Distinguish between NPN and PNP type transistors (iii) See the unidirectional current in case of a diode and an LED. (iv) Check the correctness or otherwise of a given electronic component (diode, transistor, or IC)
*No modification has been made for this chapter.
JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus 2024
Candidates can find the revised JEE Main Syllabus 2024 for Chemistry below:
Some Basic Concepts In Chemistry
- Deleted Topics- Physical quantities and their measurements in Chemistry, precision, and accuracy, significant figures. S.I.Units, dimensional analysis
- Deleted Topics- Thomson and Rutherford atomic models and their limitations
- New Topics- Entropy
- Deleted Topics-
- Groupwise study of the p – block elements.
- Group -13 Preparation, properties, and uses of boron and aluminium; Structure, properties, and uses of borax, boric acid, diborane, boron trifluoride, aluminium chloride, and alums.
- Group -14 The tendency for catenation; Structure, properties, and uses of Allotropes and oxides of carbon, silicon tetrachloride, silicates, zeolites, and silicones.
- Group -15 Properties and uses of nitrogen and phosphorus; Allotrophic forms of phosphorus; Preparation, properties, structure, and uses of ammonia, nitric acid, phosphine, and phosphorus halides, (PCl3. PCl5); Structures of oxides and oxoacids of nitrogen and phosphorus.
- Group -16 Preparation, properties, structures, and uses of ozone: Allotropic forms of sulphur; Preparation, properties, structures, and uses of sulphuric acid (including its industrial preparation); Structures of oxoacids of sulphur.
- Group-17 Preparation, properties, and uses of hydrochloric acid; Trends in the acidic nature of hydrogen halides; Structures of Interhalogen compounds and oxides and oxoacids of halogens.
- Group-18 Occurrence and uses of noble gases; Structures of fluorides and oxides of xenon.
- New Topics- Hormones (General introduction)
JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2024
Candidates can check the revised JEE Main Syllabus 2024 for Maths below:
Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Deleted Topics- square root of a complex number, triangle inequality
Matrices and Determinants
- Deleted Topics- properties of determinants, elementary transformations
Binomial Theorem and its Simple Applications
- Deleted Topics- properties of Binomial coefficients
Sequence and Series
- Deleted Topics- sum up to n terms of special series; Sn, Sn2, Sn3. Arithmetic-Geometric progression
Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Deleted Topics- Rolle’s and Lagrange’s Mean value Theorems, tangents and normal
- Deleted Topics- Integral as limit of a sum
- Deleted Topics- formation of differential equations
- Deleted Topics-
- Translation of axes
- Straight Line: equations of internal and external by sectors of angles between two lines, equation of the family of lines passing through the point of intersection of two lines.
- Circle, Conic section: condition for a line to be tangent to a circle, equation of the tangent, condition for Y = mx +c to be a tangent and point (s) of tangency
- Deleted Topics- a plane in different forms, the intersection of a line and a plane, coplanar lines.
- Deleted Topics- scalar and vector triple product
Statistics and Probability
- Deleted Topics- Bernoulli trials, and binomial distribution
- Deleted Topics- Trigonometrical equations, heights, and distance.
Candidates would benefit from the reduction of JEE Main Syllabus since it will allow them to concentrate more on other important topics. Candidates are advised to prepare for the exam by referring to the reduced JEE Main 2024 Syllabus and solving as many previous years’ JEE Main question papers and mock tests as possible.