Shogi is an intellectual and famous sport of the land of Cherry Blossoms. People here believe that this traditional subject has helped them possess the world’s top intelligent minds. Next, let’s go explore with Hi88 Japanese Shogi rules Complete from A to Z.
Introducing the board game Shogi from the land of the rising sun
Before learning Japanese Shogi rules , you also need to know an overview of this subject. Accordingly, the game also has another pure Vietnamese name, Tuong Ky, in the native language 將棋. Shogi was originally formed from the 6th century Indian game Saturanga. It has a similar playing style to chess but is more difficult in controlling the pieces.
In European countries, Shogi is also known as Japanese chess, first appearing in the 7th century AD. Many evidences have shown that traces of this game exist in the ancient temple Horyuji.
The board and chess pieces in Shogi
Those who are inquiring Japanese Shogi rules You should also know about specific pieces and tables. Accordingly, the type of table used in this subject has a square or rectangular design divided evenly into 81 cells. Unlike chess, in Shogi only one color is used instead of alternating black and white.
As for the chess pieces, each competing side will hold 20 pieces, nearly the same size, placed in the top 3 rows: 1 Chess, 1 Flying Horse, 1 Hornet, 2 Golden Chess, 2 Silver Chess, 2 Cinnamon Ma, 2 Huong Far, 9 Good.
Describe the rules of Japanese Shogi and how to move the pieces
To be able to understand correctly Japanese Shogi rules , newbies please refer to our 2 descriptions below:
How to move pieces on the table
When participating in Shogi for the first time, you must remember the movement rules of each piece as follows:
- The king moves 1 square/time in all directions.
- Golden General: Moves 1 cell in all directions but cannot move diagonally back.
- Silver General: Can move diagonally in 4 directions and move forward 1 cell.
- Bishop: Moves diagonally to 4 different sides and has no limit on the number of pieces before confronting the Resist.
- Rook: You can move horizontally and vertically before meeting the Blocker and are not limited to the number of squares with the Bishop.
- Knight: Moves in an L shape, the Den piece has no influence, it can only move forward and the method is the same as diagonally to 1 square.
- Far direction: Goes forward and cannot go back or limit cells.
- Good: Go one square straight ahead.
Rules of playing Japanese Shogi
At the beginning, the Black side has the right to go first and then proceed sequentially in turns. This can be discussed by the competing sides with each other. When soldiers move to a position in a promoted region, they are allowed to promote soldiers to new roles.
- Leveled Silver Generals can move like Gold Generals.
- Tuong or Long Ma walks just like the King.
- The vehicle moves similarly to the King.
- The move code is the same as General Vang.
- Incense can move like the Golden General.
- If the pawn touches the last row, it will become a Golden General.
Law of release of troops
In the game of Shogi, the pieces are literally captured by the opponent. However, the participant can release them and use them as one the opponent owns:
- When it’s your turn, instead of moving on with the pieces, you can take out the previously captured cone and put it in any empty square (when not yet promoted).
- When releasing a piece, the player does not have the right to capture the opponent’s flag or immediately level up if within the leveling area.
- The released piece needs to be able to move properly like a Knight or Pawn. Huong Xa is not allowed to drop on a distant line and the Knight must avoid being located on the 8th row.
See: Xổ Số Hi88
Checkmate – checkmate
When a player moves a move that has the potential to capture the opponent’s King, it is called “checkmate” on the next move. At that time, if Vuong is in a difficult position to escape and cannot legally move, he will be considered a checkmate and admit defeat.
End the game
The game will end when the opponent’s King is captured by the brothers. There are quite a few cases where one side accepts defeat if it sees that the possibility of saving the situation is not very feasible. Remarkably, Japanese Shogi rules Professional players have regulations; once a player moves incorrectly, he or she will immediately lose.
We recently provided it to new players Japanese Shogi rules from A to Z. This is an intellectual game invented by the people of the land of Cherry Blossoms. If you want to find moments of tension and strategic planning, try experiencing this subject according to the instructions in the article.